Junior DB2 Database Administrator
25,000 - 30,000
April 20, 2017
- Database Management System
- Database Programming(MySQL)
- Mysql Database
- Oracle Application Database
About the job
- Administer and maintain DB2 databases at TracFone.
- Creation of SQL and DB2 - UDB databases in AIX environments. Create physical data structure from either vendor supplied database design or custom database design for all environments.
- Provide proactive performance monitoring of databases ensuring service levels are met. Monitor Server System configuration for performance optimization through testing, debugging, and applying system patches or upgrades.
- Responsible for the Standardization of SQL and DB2 - UDB database environments. Develop and administer processes for performance tuning of databases. Develop and administer processes for capacity planning. Develop and administer backup, restore and disaster recovery procedures for databases.
- Create SQL queries and reports, manage the DB2 databases, creates reports using Crystal Reports.
- Responsible to maintain interfaces between multiple databases such as SQL, Oracle and DB2
- Design, code, test and/or provide ongoing support of an application or an application component, considering performance serviceability, usability and maintainability, interfacing as needed with client in requirements gathering activities.
- Effectively communicate with Management, business units, and end users to document specifications for each application or database project.
- Perform additional support tasks and projects including creating support documentation, coordinating with support vendors, preventative maintenance of equipment, and inventory of hardware/software.
- Make changes/updates to the Menu Tree; administer groups, and tables and conducting general cleanup of the tables.
- Maintain knowledge and proficiency of current and upcoming hardware/software technologies.
- Maintain database security as DBA, monitor database activities to ensure database performance
- Bachelor's Degree or 10 years of IT experience in the database field or in a related area with strong knowledge of UNIX AIX and Windows operating systems, strong knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within database field.
- Minimum 4+ years of information technology experience is required.
- Shall have at least DB2 - UDB database administrations experience in a UNIX, AIX including DB2 UDB installation and configuration.
- Working knowledge of AIX /UNIX/HP operating system, utilities, file system, kernel, memory management, security, and devices. Advanced shell script writing ability is plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong knowledge of DB2 databases, telecommunications industry, carrier billing systems and fraud applications etc.
QE Business Center
Business Development Coordinator (Home-Based)
November 23, 2016
Mandarin Agreement Analyst (Cebu)
J-K Network Services
December 14, 2016
Actuarial Sr. Analyst
VCC Link Inc.
January 05, 2017
Day Shift!!! Call Center Agents
January 18, 2017
Day Shift Agents
January 30, 2017
Vendor Risk Analyst
February 03, 2017
Proserve Multi Resources Specialists, Inc.Cebu Branch
February 09, 2017
Dadiangas Philippine Champion Industries, Inc.
February 13, 2017
Driver Is Needed Private Home
February 13, 2017
Company Nurse / Front Office Associate
Cebu White Sands Resort and Spa
February 15, 2017